History

Waverly Heights, the former estate of Pennsylvania railroad executive Samuel Rea, opened in 1986 as a non-profit continuing care retirement community. A focal point of the community is the stately Manor House. Built in 1912, the Manor House provides comfortable and hospitable bed-and-breakfast lodging for guests of Waverly residents. It also houses a library, living room, and dining room, which residents use for both private and group events. For more than 25 years, Waverly Heights has offered exceptional independent living, personal care and skilled nursing accommodations and services, and it has met industry standards of excellence in management, financial stability, and quality of care and service.

View our brochure “History of Waverly Heights”