Muirfield at Waverly Heights
When seniors need skilled nursing care, selecting a place to receive care can be challenging. How do you find a high quality center that offers the personalized and professional care that your loved one requires? Read on about Muirfield at Waverly Heights. We are a 5-star rated nursing center with compassionate and experienced staff who give our residents quality care. Please also read about our respite care services which can provide peace of mind to family and other caregivers.
Muirfield is a medicare certified skilled nursing center that offers a warm, comfortable, and private place — ideal for residents who have an acute illness, need specialized care after an injury or surgery, or have a long-term condition that warrants round-the-clock attention.
Muirfield has been named as one of the top nursing homes in the United States in U.S. News & World Report for five consecutive years and has received the highest Five-Star Quality Rating through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Our approach to resident treatment is a collaborative effort. We work together to create individualized and comprehensive care plans, which allow us to take whatever measures are necessary to accelerate recovery, maintain resident comfort, and preserve independence and dignity.
To meet our residents’ individualized needs, we assemble an inter-disciplinary team consisting of:
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Social Worker
- Registered Dietician
- Therapeutic Recreation Staff
In addition, our residents have access to on-site providers who specialize in:
- Dental Care
- Laboratory Services
- Pacemaker Checks
- Vision Care
- X-Ray, Doppler, and EKG Studies
Muirfield offers skilled nursing in both short-term and long-term settings. In each setting, there are spacious, private rooms — with private bathrooms — decorated and furnished to create a home-like environment.
Residents who reside on the short-term wing may come for a variety of reasons, including recuperation after hospitalization, rehabilitation, respite stays, and end-of-life care.
Long-term residents are encouraged to bring personal belongings to make their living space as familiar and comforting as possible.
Both short-term and long-term residents may enter Muirfield directly from their home or hospital, with no entrance fee required, and can benefit from our healthcare services, which include:
- On-site therapists, employed by Waverly Heights, providing physical, occupational, and speech therapies using state of the art therapeutic equipment
- Outstanding food service including three meals a day, specialized diets and personalized meal plans, a gracious dining room with restorative dining options, and diet and nutritional counseling
- Experienced and compassionate nurses and certified nursing assistants
- On-site pharmacy
Residents also may take advantage of the many amenities available such as:
- 24/7 visiting hours, including availability for family pets to visit
- Therapeutic recreational programming designed to fit the residents’ preferences and skill levels
- Access to the beauty shop
- Transportation to and from doctor’s visits
- Laundry services
- Cable, Internet, and phone services
Short-term respite care is also available in Muirfield. Caregivers who need to be away from their loved one have assurance that their loved one will be well taken care of while they are away.
For further information about Muirfield, contact:
Maria DiPaul, MSW, LSW
Admissions and Social Work Coordinator