Our calendar is filled with lectures, musical performances, movies, documentaries, dance classes, recreational games, book clubs, conversation groups, academic classes, fitness classes, golf, croquet, swimming, computer classes…to name just a few. Trips to the orchestra, museums, cultural events, historical sites, and other local attractions help to round out the offerings.
Who wouldn’t like staying healthy and fit and having fun at the same time. At Waverly you will not be disappointed with the amazing outdoor spaces, including:
- Croquet Court
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Putting Green (natural turf)
- Walking Path
- Outdoor Dining Patio
Waverly also offers:
- Monthly lectures by policy makers, corporate executives, museum directors, authors, and newspaper columnists.
- Classical music concerts by Astral Artists’ performers, the Wister Quartet, and the Philadelphia Orchestra’s David Kim.
- Film presentations in Waverly’s movie theater including first-run films, classic films, art films, opera, and documentaries on interesting subjects.
- Trips to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Barnes Foundation and other points of local interest
- A weekly discussion group called Coffee and Conversation moderated by residents who present a variety of stimulating topics of current interest.
- Duplicate bridge and bridge lessons
Learning does not cease when we grow older. Quite the contrary, Waverly residents believe strongly in participating in life-long learning and enrichment programs, such as these:
- Justice and Political Philosophy
- American Past: Myth and Reality
- Science of Climate Change
- Islam Past and Present
- Contemporary China
- Modern Art Appreciation