Waverly Heights is served by a volunteer Board of Trustees comprised of men and women with demonstrated experience and expertise in many professions, including: finance, law, insurance, medicine, education, construction, real estate, and human resources. Approximately one-third of the trustees are residents of Waverly Heights ensuring that residents have input in the highest area of governance of the community. The Board of Trustees is dedicated to ensuring that Waverly Heights provides the highest quality programs, services and amenities for senior living.
Scott M. Jenkins, Chair
- President, Jenkins Partners, L.P.
- Former Vice President, The First Boston Corporation.
Anne N. Conroy, Vice-Chair
- Vice President, Waverly Heights’ Residents’ Association;
- Former President and CEO of the Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC);
- Former Executive Director of the Dutchess County Industrial Development Agency (DCIDA);
- Former Board of Directors of the New York State Economic Development Council and the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation.
- Former Trustee, Vassar Brothers Medical Center, NY
- Former Member of Planning Board, Poughkeepsie, NY
Andrea Gilbert, Treasurer
- President of Bryn Mawr Hospital;
- Director of Bryn Mawr Trust Bank Corporation;
- Former CEO of City Avenue Hospital, Philadelphia.
Ambassador Katherine Shirley, Secretary
- Former American Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of Senegal, United States Foreign Service;
- Former Deputy Coordinator for Counter-Terrorism, Department of State, Washington, D.C.;
- Former American Consul General, Palermo, Italy;
- Trustee, Connecticut Chapter of The Nature Conservancy.
- Member, Planning and Zoning Commission, Stonington, CT.
Robert K. Barry
- Principal, Barry Associates, LLC.;
- Former Vice President of Development, Franciscan Health System;
- Former Vice President of Development, Inova Health System.
Richard E. Bauer
- Immediate Past Chair, Waverly Heights’ Board of Trustees
- Former Chairman and CEO, Philanthropic Mutual Life & Insurance Companies and National Safety Life Insurance Company;
- Former Board member and Executive Officer of Columbian Financial Group;
- Former Senior Officer, PNC Bank;
- Former Director, Fox Chase Bank;
- Former Board Chairman, Wellness Council of the Delaware Valley;
- Former Board Chairman, Life Insurers Council.
Gary L. Bragg
- Attorney-at-Law and President, O’Neill, Bragg & Staffin, P.C. Prior Partner, Obermayer, Rebmann, Maxwell & Hippel.
- Current General Counsel for: Board of Trustees, Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools; Institute for Research and Reform in Education;
- Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Lillian N. Cassel Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Villanova University, Department of Computing Sciences, Current Professor; Former Department Chair
- Past Chair, ABET Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC)
- Past Chair, ACM Special Interest Group in Computer Science Education; Current Data Science curriculum development.
- Former Board Secretary, Waverly Heights
- Member, Penn School of Nursing Board of Overseers
- Past Board Chair, Breastcancer.org
- Trustee, Connelly Foundation
- Trustee, University of the Arts.
Donald R. Fleischer
- Former Board Vice Chairman of Waverly Heights, Ltd.
- Former Board Vice Chairman and Pension Committee Chairman;
- Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.);
- Actuary and Former Principal, Towers, Perrin, Forster & Crosby, Inc.
Stephen W. Fugale
- Principal, The Bernova Group, independent consultants for strategy assessment, business planning and information technology
- Former Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Villanova University
- Analytics Advisory Board for the Villanova School of Business, Dell CIO Advisory Council
- Former Strategic Advisor at Educate Online, Inc.
- Former Board Member, Akuda Labs
William Y. Giles
- Chairman Emeritus of the Philadelphia Phillies;
- Veterans’ Committee of baseball’s Hall of Fame;
- Former President, Boy Scouts of America;
- Former President, Corporate Alliance for Drug Education;
- Former Board Member, Philadelphia Convention and Tourism Bureau;
- Former Board Member, Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce;
- Former Board Member, Philadelphia Sports Congress;
- Former Board Member, Police Athletic League;
- Former Board Member, The Salvation Army.
Gerald J. Hansen, Jr.
- Secretary of Trinity College Emeritus, and former Director of Alumni/College Relations;
- Chairman of Friends of Simbury Library Capital Campaign;
- Former President of Mary Jane, Inc.;
- Former COO of Geo E. and G.J. Hansen.
Steven D. Kirkpatrick
- Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
of The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical
Graduates (ECFMG) and its Foundation Advancement
of International Medical Education/Research (FAIMER).
- Former Director of Finance, Main Line Healthcare;
- Former Senior Vice President, Montgomery HealthcareSystem/Einstein Physicians – Montgomery;
- Former Senior Audit Manager, Ernst & Young.
Edwin B. Mahoney
- President, E. B. Mahoney Builders, Inc.
- Former Board Chairman, Waverly Heights
- Chairman, Agnes Irwin Building and Grounds Committee
- Committee Chairman and Trustee, National Association of Home Builders
- Board Member, Williamson Trade School and Elk Mountain Ski Area.
Kathleen A. McEndy
- Chief Administrative Officer and Senior Vice President of Human Resources, South Jersey Industries;
- Former Principal, The McEndy Group, LLC.
Elizabeth P. Mclean
- The Library Company, Emeritus Trustee, Past President;
- Independent Publications, Inc., Emeritus Member Advisory Board of Managers;
- The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, Executive Committee
- Barnes Arboretum Faculty
Howard L. Meyers
- Senior Counsel, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP, former Firm Managing Partner, Philadelphia Office Managing Partner and Finance and Audit Committee Chair;
- Director and Executive Committee Member, The William Penn Foundation;
- Former Director and General Counsel, Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia;
- Former Board Chair and Director, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society;
- Former Board Chair and Director, Committee of Seventy;
- Former Board Member, National Association of Corporate Directors, Philadelphia Chapter;
- Emeritus Board Member, Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
Robert L. Robinson
- Former Senior Vice President and Chief Counsel Litigation and Insurance Law, CIGNA;
- Former Senior Vice President and Officer for Insurance Company of North America,
- Connecticut General Life Insurance and CIGNA Reinsurance Company;
- Former Director for Philadelphia Reinsurance Corp.;
- Former Counsel and Managing Attorney for Xerox Corp.